On this episode, we are joined by the amazing Craig Harper.
I’ve been following Craig since I began my journey in the health and fitness industry almost 18 years ago. He has helped to shape me into the coach I am today. It is therefore an absolute privilege to share with our listeners today this episode where I get to unpack so many of the great things I’ve learnt from Craig.
On this podcast:
- How does Craig get paid to do what he loves?
- Take the thing that you are passionate and curious about and turn it into something you can make a living from.
- Craig has always been interested in how people think and human performance
- Craig was involved in gyms for 32 years
- He realised it was not a body issue that was stopping people from achieving the health they wanted
- He began to help people to create the space to gain more self-awareness
- His audience relate to his no nonsense approach
- Craig is renowned and loved for giving people the kick up the bum they need to pull their finger out
- The enlightenment ladder
- The story of the monk who climbs the mountain
- Our constant challenge is our humanness
- Being present, of service, and giving value rather than being caught up on our own shit
- It’s not about external validation and approval
- What drives Craig is who he is and who he’s becoming
- The ongoing challenge is how to help people to help themselves
- Be a resource in other people’s space that helps them get where they want to go
- Is helping people about becoming a marketing guru?
- Do people need to hit rock bottom before they take action
- There’s a big difference between wanting to be different and being willing to take action and do the work now
- The big question is “Are they willing to get uncomfortable?”
- Work, discomfort, self awareness, humility, hard work consistently for an extended period of time
- Craig gets paid well by corporate clients to follow his passion of reaching large groups of people
- Working with addicts to overcome long held bad habits
- Do you have to have been an addict to help an addict?
- What doe Craig mean by us having an internal sat nav?
- What matters, what is right, what is important for us to live up to
- What is success, really?
- Jarrod’s metaphor for the home and his upcoming book, The SuperFamily Plan around the concept.
- Using metaphors to teach and make things memorable
- Be relatable, stand out
- Express our uniqueness and communicate in a way that builds communication
- The story of the hill
- When we are different, life is different
- Craig’s upcoming workshops – pull your finger out and get to one!
Visit Craig’s website now to buy one or all of his books, and get your ticket to an upcoming workshop
Listen in, subscribe now on iTunes or Spotify, and leave me a 5 star review to help the ratings and reach of the show.
If you love what I’m doing, please support the show by becoming a patron at www.patreon.com/superdadsonline.
If you’re a Dad, join our Closed Facebook Group now at www.facebook.com/groups/superdadsonline.